As discussed on the Systemic Modelling Facebook group we’ve started an Online Systemic Modelling Practice Group for people who have attended Clean for Teams OR a Systemic Modelling Training course.
We have 3 monthly groups at times that work for most people in Europe, Russia, Asia and the USA as follows:
- 1st Saturday#1 of the month from 13:30-15:30 London BST
- 1st Saturday#2 of the month from 17:00-19:00 London BST
- 2nd Thursday of the month from 19:00-21:00 London BST
Given that we’re an international bunch spread across continents and time zones it is proving interesting and useful in a number of ways
- We can get to practice in a group setting without having to travel, and work it around our own work/life schedules;
- We can run themes that help us to become really great at facilitating this kind of approach and
- We can test and work out which online platforms actually work best for us and this style of facilitating.
- We can explore different themes and topics
- We can practice running the different models in the group
- Take turns facilitating
- Record sessions for evidence for our learning logs/accreditation
- Get to know other students from across the globe, not just the ones who turn up in your local/chosen training venue.
- Run themes where we find out more about ourselves as facilitators
- Learn how others do things well/not so well
- Give feedback to each other and share development tasks
- It could be another way to be a supportive learning group outside of the training room
Grow our online/virtual facilitation skills
- Find out what does and doesn’t work in terms of being a virtual learning group, which can then inform our own practice/work
- We can debug and find out which platform works best for this kind of work (Zoom is our chosen platform at the moment)
- Ways to flipchart information virtually
- Discover what you need to be at your best as a online/virtual facilitator